Experience the thrill of life on the railways of yesteryear with the Hornby West Coast Highlander Train Set.
At the peak of its operational powers, the West Coast Highlander hauled freight trains along the small branch lines of the Highland Line, connecting the remote rural towns and villages of Scotland to the main line.
The steep gradients and sharp curves of this tough section of Highland track regularly saw the train put through its paces – and now you can relive those journeys in your home with the Hornby West Coast Highlander.
This Hornby model railway set includes a smart 4-wheel 0-4-0 locomotive and a selection of model train wagons designed to emulate those small and hardy trains of days gone by.
Supplied with an oval model train track with siding, this train set will provide users with an extra degree of operational interest as wagons have to be shunted to and fro to allow them to be dropped off and picked up on the train’s return journey.
An ideal train set as an introduction to model railways.
Contents of this train set:
- Hornby West Coast Highlander 0-4-0 locomotive
- Lochgelly Open Wagon
- DJS Petroleum Tank
- Brown Open Wagon
- Box Van
- 3rd Radius Starter Oval Model Train Track Pack A 155cm x 113cm
- Wall Plug Transformer (P9200)
- Standard Model Train Controller (R8250) with mains power supply
- Model Railway Track (R8206)
- Hornby TrakMat 160cm x 128cm
- Train Set Accessories & Model Railway Scenery, including signals, sheds, telegraph poles and water pump.