This Observation coach – officially known as Car 13 – is one of two vehicles converted by the Pullman Company at their Preston Park works in Brighton during 1947 with seating for 27 passengers and a bar for drinks service.
Rebuilt from earlier Pullman cars constructed on ex-London and North Western Railway underframes, they were converted for the ‘Devon Belle’ service from Waterloo to Ilfracombe.
After the ‘Devon Belle’ service ended in 1954, the observation cars were used on charter services, ending up on the Scottish Region in 1961 on the lines between Inverness and the Kyle of Lochalsh and from Glasgow to Oban. It was withdrawn from service in 1967 with the end of steam.
Features an exceptional level of detail!